Thursday, May 26, 2011

counting my blessings

for joplin
moon

These shots were taken last weekend at my friend's house. It was a beautiful day in the country. Lots of good food, sunshine, friends, and laughter. The calm before the storm. Sunday night a devastating tornado hit a small town less than an hour away from where I live. Tornados have been all aound us this week. Lots of sleepless nights with strong wind and thunder that shook the whole house. I'm so thankful for all my blessings. A warm bed with my husband next to me and my cats piled in with us. After this week I'm sure looking forward to the sunny holiday weekend, but my heart still aches for those that lost family and pets in the storms.

2 comments:

  1. So sad to hear about people impacted by the awful disasters happening.

    Please stay safe!

    ReplyDelete